Thursday, February 16, 2012

List three things that Jesus loves and three things that He hates.

Matthew 22 and 23 covers a laundry list of what Jesus hated. Hypocrites seem to head the list.

Again, Jesus hated hypocrites: "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness." Matthew 23:27 
Jesus hated what was being done to the temple: "The Scriptures declare, 'My Temple will be called a house of prayer for all nations,' but you have turned it into a den of thieves." Mark 11:15-17

Jesus hated an nongiving nature, Matthew 25:45, Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'

Conversely, Jesus loved a giving heart, Matthew 25:40, And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'

As an aside, the verses in Matthew 25:40 and 45 are usually thought to apply to all people. However, Jesus was born a Jew. He was surrounded by Jews. To me, these verses can be compared to Genesis 12:3, " And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

Again, Jesus loved a giving heart. In the story of the widow who donates two mites, Jesus explains to his disciples that the small sacrifices of the poor mean more to God than the extravagant donations of the rich.[2] Mark 12:41-44, Luke 21:1-4.

Jesus loved a loving heart both for God and others. Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shall love thy neighbour as yourself, There is none other commandment greater than these.
As for following in the dust or your Rabbi concerning these things, I’m so grateful that we are saved by grace. Try as I may, every day I fall far short of the mark. I’m honoring my mother by helping her out during her current medical challenge, however, I sometimes find myself resenting her demands. I donate money but not my time. I try to love others but find that I’m still judgmental. I share Jesus’ distain for hypocrites. I love and support Israel unconditionally. Not mentioned above is “The Great Commission, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19. I witness whenever I can.

Jesus loved and hated many traits in man; however, the really big sin was to blasphemy the Holy Spirit. Matthew 12:31-32 "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." As I understand this is the unpardonable sin that would bring destructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment