Saturday, February 18, 2012

Why are the Jews “God's chosen people”? What is their destiny?

I like what Chuck Missler said, “The Jews are God chosen people because he chose them!” I would not even think to question the mind of our all-knowing God.
The birth of Jesus was prophesied in Chapter Three of the Book of Genesis:

15 And I will put enmity

between you and the woman,

and between your offspring[a] and hers;

he will crush[b] your head,

and you will strike his heel.”

However, “The call of Abraham” was the beginning of the Jewish nation. God wanted His own people and established the “Abrahamic Convent” with the righteous Abraham. God protected Israel when the people obeyed Him and scattered them when they didn’t. Israelites intermarried with the pagans and fell into idolatry and apostasy bringing God’s wrath upon then. The people repented and God provided them with a deliverer until the next time they again fell into sin.
Ezekiel 37 and the “Valley of dry bones” is a well-known as being prophetic of the restoration of Israel:
Ezekiel 37:21 and say to them, “This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. 22 I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel.”
The establishment of the state of Israel in the last century is, as I understand, the final restoration of Israel before the second coming of Jesus. However, in reading Ezekiel 36:22, God lets us know that the restoration of Israel was for His glory:
Ezekiel 36:22, “Therefore say to the Israelites, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: It is not for your sake, people of Israel, that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you have gone. 23 I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Sovereign LORD, when I am proved holy through you before their eyes.”
God will protect the Jews as in prophesized in both Ezekiel 38 and Psalm 83. They are His chosen people period, end of discussion. Some church leaders preach replacement theology, a very grave error that could cost them their immoral souls. It’s up to God judge those who try to harm Israel, however, as for me, God says what He means and means what He says.

No comments:

Post a Comment