Saturday, February 18, 2012

Why is it important to "make deposits”? What biblical passages have served you well over the past few months?

Ephesians 6 equates the sword of the Spirit to the Word of God as part of “The Whole Armour of God.” My limited knowledge of the Bible is helpful to me:
1. When I’m emotionally in the “valley”, I think of Paul

2. When I’m debating a Biblical questions with a “Gotha” type person, 2 Timothy 4:3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables..
Studying the Bible, attending/ leading Bible studies and really immersing ourselves in the Word is comparable to making “spiritual knowledge deposits.” One can draw on his/her Biblical amount to witness and add, “It’s not me saying that, it’s in the Bible”. Isaiah 53 could have been written at the foot of the cross rather than hundreds of years before the fact.
It is politically correct to promote the theology that “All roads lead to God,” yes all roads except the “Way” leads to god; however it’s the god of this world. Some of the worst offenders are people who claim to be Christian and take a non-biblical stand. Many people incorporate just enough Biblical truth to sound convincing, a trick well-used used by the devil. Many promote their “Designer god(s)” and now at least one mega-church is endorsing Chrislam. Allah is not the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! The Quran has twisted the role of Jesus into pretty much the same as the False Prophet of Revelation. I’ve witnessed to a Muslim friend and at least he lets me talk. Great inroads are being made by other in bringing Muslims into the Kingdom by exposing them to the Word as compared to the Quran. What a harvest that could be!
Psalm 46:10, “Be still, and know that I am God” helps me when in the valley. The shortest verse in the Bible, “Jesus wept”, show me His great compassion. Jesus knew He would bring Lazarus back to life, however, for that instant, Jesus showed His love and His humanity, wholly human and wholly God. Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” How unlimited a love is that and what a great promise of salvation.
Paul is such an inspiration, “2 Timothy 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment