Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Hand of God Protected Sandy Pines! Revisited from 2009

Today as many are in the path of danger from today's out-break of tornadoes I am reminded of an event that happened during 2009 when we were protected, IMO, by the hand of God.

About 4:00 AM or so last Saturday morning we were having an impressive thunder storm here in Sandy Pines, http://www.sandypines.com/ my summer home. My 75 pound dog crawled in bed and plastered her trembling body against me. I listened for a warning siren, none. I finally got up and turned on the TV, nothing. By now the rain was coming down so hard you couldn't see outside. Then I thought it was hailing. The drapes on my porch were blowing and one rod was blown off. The wind was unbelievable and over in a flash. I finally went back to bed, got up and ate breakfast. I heard chain saws and finally hopped in my golf cart to check out the neighborhood. The park loop where my son has a place was blocked by a huge tree across the road on the right. I was able to drive around the loop from the left by dodging around more trees. My son's place was OK. God bless his little Agnostic heart, as he rocked in his trailer he said he thought that he might find out if mom's right about the after-life. At least that's a little progress....

More than a hundred trees were knocked over or uprooted in the park. Some claim it was only a wind sheer and other (including me) think it was a small tornado. Our park has camp sites and trees fell between tents not hurting anyone. My neighbor about 230 feet down the road lost part of a huge hardwood tree. Surely God keep us safe. Another neighbor had a tree fall between his RV and car doing no damage. In another phase a tree sliced through a park model to within a foot of a couple asleep in their bed, quite a way to wake up.

There were many stories of how close people and or property came to having trees drop on them. No one was hurt and property damage was very limited.

Our park is a religious park for the most part. So...yes, the hand of God protected us. Thank you Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment