Sunday, May 6, 2012

BIB501-2 Wk 3 DQ# 4. What are you are wholehearted and passionate about?

My love, respect and awe of God is central to my life. As Dr. Missler would say, “God says what He means and means what He says.” I am passionate about bringing people into the Kingdom. Time is short and so many are rushing though the wide gate. Death can happen in a second and then there is no changing your mind. When I read some of the comments made by non-believers I cringe and think have they no fear of God, what of their eternal destination? These days good is called bad and bad is called good most notably in the cases of abortion and homosexuality.

That the Bible is the inspired word of God is undeniable based on many fulfilled prophecies. Sadly some people such as the individual who wrote the following spew such hatred for the Word, “Yeah, get ready for Glory...or not. You pray and you obey and you hate gays because you read a passage in a book from over 2,000 years ago that you think means you have to hate gays and God always treats His people well who obey Him and worship Him..right? Hmmm... Yep...it sure pays to pray and follow words in a book written by humans over 20 centuries ago. See what that got these worshippers...including small and innocent children? I guess these children just didn't pray hard enough, huh. Care to explain that one?”

All this bitterness aimed at those who take the Bible as Truth. I’ve tried to reach out to this individual with no real success. With him the issue is either you accept the gay life-style as normal or you must be a gay hater. The concept of love the sinner and hate the sin is lost on this likely lost soul.

I am passionate in my belief that many are heading to hell due to false teachings. Too many religious leaders are promoting a more universal and less Biblical approach to religion. Well, we were warned of this nearly 2000 years ago.

Later:
The above Discussion Question answer was from a discussion on the eBay Soapbox Chat Room. Those who may have read past DQs know I try to being Christian Truth to the soapbox. Another great thread was just started on the eBay soapbox:

Original Post: “So let me get this straight, if Evolution is now considered a scientific...fact. Why are there still people who believe in the bible God? I don't get it. Can you still call yourself a Christian if you agree with Evolution?”

So I posted “Just when the soapbox was getting boring....There is micro evolution within a species. A dog doesn't become a cat, however, within the dog kind there can be wolfs, etc.
Next week I start a new online course: The Book of Genesis Unit 1”
After adding Dr. Missler’s detailed course description and objectives I ended with “As to the OP, I’m a Bible believing Christian. I don’t pick and choose from the Bible and I don’t add or take away from the Bible. To be continued……”

Sometimes I feel like I’m wasting my time in this chat room of mostly Christian’s bashers, however, if only one person has ears….

Still later:
I have a problem with lab work from slide #23 SD502 “Will you pray for the refiner’s fire to cleanse and purity you today?” I realize that it’s coming from Psalm 12:6, “The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.” However, my concern is that Catholics may twist this Psalm to convince their members that they will suffer the torment of purgatory.

I understand 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 is used by the Catholic Church as an argument for purgatory, “ 11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

It seems to me that the Catholic Clergy uses the above verses to imply that Jesus’ death on the cross wasn’t enough; it becomes a question of additional works. What part of “It is finished” is not clear? I’m nearly obsessive about this as I have many Catholic friends and family. It seems that the mindset is so rigid that all I can do is pray that God will understand, after all, it’s His decision that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment