Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What are some of the evidences of a young earth that scientists point to today? BIB 502-1-3-7.

Dr. Missler mentioned the book “In Six Days, why fifty scientists choose to believe in creation” edited by John F. Ashton PhD. I bought the book and read a few articles at a time. Even with a rather technical background I still find the book very challenging and recommend it.

The raptureforums had an informative article: “Age of the earth,” 101 evidences for a young age of the earth and the universe By Don Batten Published: 4 June 2009
http://www.raptureforums.com/CreationVsEvolution/ageoftheearth.cfm

According to Dr. Missler Young Earth Indicators include:
1. Moon Dust

2. Earth’s Magnetic Field

3. Mississippi River Delta

4. Salinity of the Oceans:

5. Poynting-Robertson Effect or “Solar Janitor”

6. Radiohalos

7. Velocity of c (light) Decreasing, Quantization of Red Shift

I pretty much understand the first four indicators and the seventh; however, I need to do further reading on five and six. The first part of Genesis really stretches the mind. According to Isaiah 64:1, space can be torn and Psalm 102, space can be worn out like a garment. Tonight I feel like these verses apply to my mind. So I'm taking another less technical approach to this DQ.

When I was taking BIB501-1, week 2, I decided to create a Discussion Question #8 on the question of a young earth. I consider what I wrote several months ago to be relevant today. To me a young earth goes hand in hand with Creation. If you have a young earth than it follows that life has also been around for a short time. And I quote my earlier DQ:

"Was there really a Big Bang from nothing to something? Is the Universe really 16 billion years old? Did our ancestors really swing through the trees? Did we really evolve from some primordial soup? Does the universe tend towards negative entropy as would be evidenced by lower forms of life evolving into higher forms violating the second law of thermodynamics? Is the fossil record that depends on the Geologic time scale correct? But does not the fossil record allow geologists to date and compare rocks across geological time?

Sounds like Circular Reasoning:
Strata are dated by the fossils
Then.
Fossils are dated by the strata.

The DVD collection By Dr. Dino includes “The Age of the Earth”, “The Garden of Eden” and more. There are images of petrified trees standing upright through geological strata. Fish fossils nicely laid out in rock so I guess these dead fish don’t float. Then there is Mt. St. Helene developing lots of strata in a few decades after it erupted.

Why the resistance to Creation? If the universe was created then there would be a Creator to whom we would be accountable. I believe the universe was created by God as described in the Bible. The Bible is history written in advance and has been proven time and again. My God is an awesome God who stands outline time!"




No comments:

Post a Comment