Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Bible declares that the heavens proclaim the glory of God. How has creation itself spoken to you?502-1 - 5 - 5.

Yes, surely “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.” Psalm 19:1 KJVWe are without excuse! Romans 1:19-21, “Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.” KJV

Bible quotes aside, what does the verse, ”The heavens proclaim the glory of God,” really mean to me personally? As a child I’d look at the night sky with wonder. To this day when I’m in an area having less light interference, I feel nearly lifted up when observing the wonder of the heavens. I’ve long felt a pull to the middle star in the belt of Orion. While I sure don’t give any weight to astrology I was born under the sign of Virgo the Virgin. Interestingly enough, as a little girl with a sweet singing voice I played Mary two years running in our church’s Christmas Pageant.
But I digress. Creation doesn’t speak to me, it shouts to me. It shouts I’m here, I’m special, I was created by God to take your breath away. Here in California there is so much light pollution that I have to draw on my memories of being in the mountains. In the mountains I could reach up and touch the stars or was it touching the face of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment