Thursday, July 26, 2012

How did LTB impact you personally? 547-1-01-03-3

This session combined with the last two weeks of “Learn the Bible in 24 hours” really impacted me by helping me to understand my reticence to attend a church here in Southern California.
I enrolled in my first class with KI in December of last year while at my home in Arizona, “Learn the Bible in 24 hours.” Early January of this year my mother nearly died and I’ve been helping to take care for her ever since. While in Arizona I attended the First Baptist Church on a regular basis and an Assembly of God Church with friends occasionally. Also, I was in two Bible studies, one at the Baptist Church and the other in a tent in the desert. Now that I’m in California I have checked into a few churches but no one church sounded close to what I had in Arizona. I think my lack of interest in the local churches has somewhat to do with the in-depth study of the letters to seven churches in Revelation Chapters two and three.

My mother attends a local Catholic Church that has a seating capacity of 1400 people. The Church has several services each week and is often filled to capacity and more. I’ve attended church with my mother a few times but left feeling sad. I watched the clergy and their helpers in their procession down the aisle in their beautiful regalia. I listened as the priest would say something and the people would respond by rote. I suspect that my electronic Bible was one of the few Bibles present in the church. My Jesus wore plain home spun and sandals, not royal robes. His church was where ever he stopped and His disciples walked “in the dust of the Rabbi.

So as I consider the seven letters to the seven churches I pretty much eliminate them one by one. While there has been a great falling away from God in this country, so far thankfully, we are not really persecuted. I have no interest in attending the medieval church with their doctrine of the Nicolaitanes. I have no interest in any of the churches that embrace the “all roads lead to God” heresy. I’m too old to be a missionary other than maintaining a blog on the Internet. I’m far too passionate about my love of God and his Word to attend one of the many the lukewarm churches.
I do miss the Fellowship found in Bible studies; however, I stay in telephone connection with my Arizona friends. It would seem that this phase of my life is going to be a rather reflective one devoted to learning more of the Word and sharing it on the Internet. To me the Book of Revelation was a revelation that I am where God wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment