Saturday, August 4, 2012

Where in the Bible do we find examples of the Trinity? Give at least seven references BIB 502-1-7-1

As Creator, Genesis 1:1-3, “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.” Jesus was and is and always will be the source of light.

As Creator, Genesis 1:26, “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.”

After the fall of Adam, Genesis 3:22, “And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever:”

The people were building a tower reach the heavens, so God said, Genesis 11:7, “let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.” After this the area was known as Babel. This was the first world dictatorship, and in my opinion we are headed for another one.

How wonderful would it be to hear as Isaiah did, Isaiah 6:8, “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.” Isaiah was willing, would we be?

John 17:24 “Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.” The Holy Spirit was to come as the conformer after the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus. Given that I would suggest that the Holy Spirit was privy to this conversation also.
And our great commission from Jesus, Matthew 28: 19 “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:”

As the hymn goes, “God in Three Persons Blessed Trinity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment