Friday, October 19, 2012

Names also have meanings. What does your name mean? Does that have any significance to you?BIB 502-2-19-7

Growing up I never really appreciated the name Sally. I used to sometimes be called "Dilly dally Sally" fitting considering how far behind I am in this KI class. There are too many songs written using the name Sally. In addition to the songs, it just seemed like Sally was such an ordinary sounding name. Rather like a barmaid or worse in the “Old West.”
 
Years ago I read that Sally was equivalent to the Hebrew name Sarah and that Sarah means Princess. My middle name is Jane and has the meanings “Jehovah has been gracious” and “Gift from God.” So not too bad a name combination.

My undergraduate degree was in a technical field and I spent years pretty much as a technocrat. Later in my career I evolved into being a fourth-generation language computer geek. So a good portion of my life was really slanted towards the technical.
As I entered middle-age I discovered that I had a re-awakening of the creative side of my nature. This perhaps was partly due to my circling the drain of the New Age. Well when you change from being very technical to being more creative a name change is in order. So I used the shortened form of Sarah, Sara, combined with my middle name Jane. I've made some extremely unusual wall hangings and crystal creations signing them as sarajane. I've long since given up any involvement in the New Age as I recognized it is being an invitation to the dark side.

I continued making jewelry until recently using the handle “thesarajanecollection.” I still have hundreds of items listed in various ecommerce carts and occasionally sell something. However, I’m rather inactive and more in maintenance mode with these carts. In these end days I’m far more driven to use my time to bring people into the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment