Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Create a Syllogism, or a series of Syllogisms, that you feel prove(s) a particular belief you have, (doctrinal, political or otherwise). Then do the following: .... I604-3-1

Categorical Syllogism

All those who curse(d) Israel are cursed by God A

Hitler is in the group of those who cursed Israel A

Hitler is cursed by God A

Three terms; God, Hitler and those who curse Israel

Middle term - Those who curse(d) Israel

Valid figure 1

Mood AAA

I cannot believe how many hours I spent on three little statements. And after all that I'm not at all sure that I'm correct in the above. So after struggling for days with the concepts covered in week three I feel that it's okay to poke a little fun at myself.

All women with blond hair are airheads
Sally is among those women having blond hair
Sally is an airhead
So the three terms are women with blond hair, airheads and Sally
The middle term is women with blond hair
Figure 1
My mood - not good, that of the Categorical Syllogism I hope is AAA

No comments:

Post a Comment