Monday, January 7, 2013

Why were there tears shed in 7:16-17? While there is still time, what are some things that are opportunities for you? BIB 547-2-14-7

The time I enjoy the most is in church singing praise and worship songs to the Lord. In Heaven we'll have an eternity to glorify God. When we are in heaven how much of the earth will we remember? Or will it be like looking through a glass darkly. Will we have any interest in our former life on earth, I rather doubt it. I think we will be so in a state of ecstasy that what happened on the earth will be of little importance. However, I would think we will have an awareness of those that we love who are not with us as well as the millions of people who been left behind to face the tribulation. So yes, there will be tears in heaven.

Like many parents, I am concerned for the salvation of my children. During my college days my children and I attended weekly church services. After college I drifted away and therefore of allowed my children to drift away from the church. Both of my children are very aware of my status as a born-again Christian and likely find it more entertaining than anything else. Since they're both pretty much set in their ways about all I can do is to pray for them and at least get them materials to study in the event they are left behind.

After the church has been rapture the only thing standing between those left behind in the deception of Satan will be what information we leave for them. I sent family members flash drives with lots of files including the hundred plus Old Testament prophecies that Jesus fulfilled. It is my prayer that my children will be influenced by these. And it's not just my children or family or friends that are left behind, I'm concerned about the millions upon millions of people who are destined to go through the hell on earth of the Tribulation.

The Internet offers many opportunities to witness to people. I network on Facebook and like, share and post. Yesterday I shared a post by Dave Hunt concerning Catholics not trusting the completed work of Jesus on the cross. I have an online blog that not many people wander into but now and then they do.

How can we not share 1 John 3:1-2, “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.”

No comments:

Post a Comment