Wednesday, April 3, 2013

How do you feed the flesh? How do you feed the Spirit? 534-1 - 9-6

For those who are very insecure about the state of the world today, there are websites that cater to this paranoia. There is a group of people known as the preppers. Rather than trusting in God, they place their faith in their ability to take care of themselves whatever may come. While we all should be responsible enough to have a several day supply of food and water on hand in the event of bad weather, earthquakes or forced evacuation; being a prepper first seems like an oxymoron. Can one really be prepared for the horrors that will descend upon this earth during the tribulation? What happens in the event the Middle East finally goes nuclear? There is a reality series on cable about preppers where families are graded on a scale of 1 to 100 based on just how prepared they are. This is a typical website catering to preppers.

http://www.preppersworldstore.com/

There are so many conspiracy theorists claiming everything from FEMA building concentration camps for citizens to small drones armed with a handgun and facial recognition.
I am so thankful that I can place my trust in God to see me through these admittedly scary times. I cannot imagine facing today's upside down world without my strong Christian faith.
As for how I feed the flesh, apparently too much as I am overweight, have to take meds for blood pressure and have mild diabetes. That said, I have little interest in a flashy car other than something that gets me from here to there. My physical surroundings are not that important as long as I'm comfortable and not in need of creature comforts. A huge house with high maintenance has absolutely no appeal to me.

I feed the spirit through my studies at KI as well as immersing myself in the Word, reading and listening to praise and gospel music. While I have to admit to having a sinful nature and an electronic gizmo habit, the small, still voice within me guides me. Were it not for the Holy Spirit I might wander too far afield. Now that I am assured of my justification I am trying to more fully cooperate with the Holy Spirit in my sanctification. However, I'm not naive enough to think that I will be sanctification until the Blessed Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment