Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Meditate on John 17 and then share your insights. 534-1 - 11-5

With a word limited, I selected a few verses:

17:1, “These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:”

Jesus knew that he was about to face the trial that he had been destined for from the foundation of time. Proverbs 8:23, “I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.” Always a faithful servant, Jesus was committed to glorifying the father.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Jesus was the unblemished Lamb of God. No other sacrifice would serve as an intersession between God and fallen man. When Jesus cried out “tetelestai“ He provided us a path to justification by faith.

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

God stepped out of eternity to take the form of a man that through His sacrifice we could be justified before our righteous God.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

Jesus was/is the Way-shower. I cannot even imagine what this world would be like had he not chosen to step into this fallen world both as a servant and as the Messiah.

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

How very privileged are we to be the ones given to Jesus by his Father and to know that Jesus is praying and interceding for us.
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Hosea 5:15, “I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.” 1 Corinthians 2:9, “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.”
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
As believers we will never be lost, what a wonderful assurance we have!
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
As a believer I am a sojourner, just passing through this world to a far better one. Pity the earth dwellers that are conformed to this sinful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment