Friday, June 14, 2013

Twelve areas of judgment are mentioned in this study. Pick 5 and discuss what “grade” you might get in those areas at the Judgment Seat. Concerning these areas, what can you do to improve your “final grade?” 534-2 - 17-5

2) How we exercise our authority over others

The verses cited were little different than what I expected. I thought this would have more to do with how I would treat a subordinate. Back in my working days I treated those reporting to me with respect and all progressed in their jobs. Grade a B+.

3) How we employ our God-given abilities
1 Corinthians 12:11, “But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.”
I used to be very proud of my accomplishments such as graduating from college while a divorced mother of two toddlers and always holding down pretty decent jobs. Actually I was not giving credit to whom it was due, the abilities that God gave me. Now I give God the glory for everything I accomplish. So I think I moved up to a C+.
4) How we use our money
While I was still working I started investing in Native American crafted jewelry. I was already beginning to see fleamarkets and swap meets as a kind of 401 plan for after retirement. So I laid up stores where moths could get them and people could steal them. In this economic downturn moderately priced jewelry is not selling very well. So here I am with thousands of dollars of inventory that is like an albatross around my neck. It's worth much too much money to ignore so wherever I go I have to drag my inventory around with me. I'm still selling some jewelry and buying far less inventory. Today I'm working much harder on storing my inventory of good works with God including tithing. B-
9) How many souls we witness to and win to Christ
Daniel 12:3, “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever”
Although I'm still a reticence about witnessing to people, I try to whenever the opportunity presents itself. I maintain a blog that is seems to be getting a few thousand page views a month. As for how many individuals are brought into the Kingdom, I'm not sure but it's then read virtually throughout the world. Grade B.
11) How much the doctrine of the Rapture means to us
2 Timothy 4:8, “Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. “
Here I would have to give myself an A+. I go to sleep in the hope of being caught up during the night. When I wake in the morning I'm disappointed because I'm still in my bed on planet Earth.
As for improving my "final grade," I just want to please God and be a light and never a stumbling block to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment