Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What elements in your life have been built on the foundation of “wood, hay and stubble”? What elements have you built upon the foundation of “gold, silver and precious stones”? 534-19-6

The early years I spent in church with my children should count as precious stones however the later years that I failed them in their Christian upbringing would certainly count as stubble. Not only did I fail them, I failed myself and my early commitment to God. I’m now working to correct this mainly through non-confrontational postings on my Facebook wall which I pray they will read, who would have thought…social media…

I shared another Christian’s Facebook posting about 2 Timothy 4:3-4 and “Sugar coated preaching.” 2 Timothy 4:3-4, “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” From my reply, “Sugar coated preaching is certainly prevalent today in this apostasy church age. I’m currently writing a post for Koinonia Institute (KI) titled, “What elements in your life have been built on the foundation of ‘wood, hay and stubble’? What elements have you built upon the foundation of ‘gold, silver and precious stones’? As I reflect on this question I see more stubble than precious stones in my life. We are in the end days and it is time to turn from false teachings and to the pure Word. Time to work on those things pleasing to God!
I raised my two children as a single mother from their ages of two and three. I managed to graduate from college and held down good jobs. Both of my children have very successful careers, however… My daughter has lived in the SF area for years and supports same-sex marriage. I thank God and her hormones that she married a man. However, no precious stones for me there. My son was a commercial pilot and now is in management. For years now I’ve tried to interest him in Christianity without much success. Again, stubble.

Today I witness to the readers of my blog and on Facebook and wonder if this is considered by God to be building on a good foundation. Three decades ago I took advantage of the opportunity to describe the Bear Valley, CA area as God’s Cathedral on the Today Show during an interview. This witness went out to perhaps millions of people and although I wasn’t looking for precious stores, perhaps a little one.
As I go through life in my later years I try to be an ambassador for God.

Pebble

No comments:

Post a Comment