Monday, October 14, 2013

Write a 300-word Standard Summary of any article or briefing I605 3 - 7

“Another Gospel” By Grant Phillips Published 07 July 2013 on Rapture Ready Website

The author shares that he has been warning for some time about false teachings by false teachers who are spreading another gospel. These teachings are throwing people into confusion as well as perverting the gospel of Christ. Add to that the authentic gospel of God is being twisted into “The Faith Movement” a message “straight from the lying tongue of Satan.”

The author starts by quoting Galatians 1:6-7, “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.” The author recommends that every Christian should be like the Bereans and quotes Acts 17:11.

As for discernment Mr. Phillips uses the example of examining hundred dollar bills. He would expect his wife who has worked in the banking industry to spot a counterfeit bill when he might not be able to. As Christians we are to be more discerning than the unbeliever, however, millions are being swayed by “Another Gospel,” we are without excuse.

Those in the Faith Movement deny the fear and respect due to the Almighty God who created us and instead want their ears tickled. Humanism is the god of today and leading many from the real gospel to another gospel that appeals to pride, the same pride from the same source as in Genesis 3:4-5.
So what is the answer? Mr. Phillips says, “Get into the Bible; The Bible is the only place you will find the Truth.” My. Phillips also recommended a book titled “Christianity in Crisis: The 21st Century” by Hank Hanegraaff. The book goes into the specifics of these false teachings.

Added later:
Thank you Matthew and I agree with your comment, “A great metaphor for the Christian - constant, intimate exposure to the real until the fake is obvious.” Now that I’m no longer writing a “Standard Summary” I’d like to add my comments.
Last week I wrote about my time circling the New Age drain. From New Age I moved on to “New Thought” which is pretty much New Age without the crystals, cards and such. Based on Grant Phillips’ recommendation bought the book “Christianity in Crisis: The 21st Century” by Hank Hanegraaff. His book added cold facts and documentation to the discernment that I learned from my time in the New Age/ Thought. Now when I reflect on those years I Think that I could have lost all hope of salvation had I not fallen in love with Jesus as a child; He never gave up on me.
So much of New Age and New Thought are alive and well in what is called the Faith movement “Christian churches” today. There are the “Name it and claim it” prosperity churches. Jesus healed people as did his disciples and the gift of healing is actually given to some believers. That said, there are many charlatans in the faith movement. Benny Hinn comes to mind as I tried watching him a few times. I suspect the people who jump out of their wheelchairs and run around the stage are plants. At the age of six I had paralytic polio which left me with a deformed but still somewhat usable hand. The day Benny Hinn can replicate with my left hand what Jesus did with the man with a withered arm I will I will modify my stand.
Fake healings and “show me the money” churches are only the tip of the iceberg.. The whole concept of the authority of God is being undermined by the Faith movement. It has the effect of expected God to be our personal goffer. Not a good idea! That is was finished when Jesus said “It is finished” is disputed by some in the faith movement.
Given some of the faith movement nonsense that passes for Christianity little surprise many turn away from salvation.  It has been said by some of the reason they're not Christians is because of Christians. Sadly, there is validity to the statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment