Saturday, March 15, 2014

What was the most significant thing you’ve gained from this series? 532-2 -20 - 6

The apostle John likely wrote this gospel after his time on the island of Patmos. He tells us his reason for writing the gospel, John 20:30-31, "And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

It has been said that “The Gospel of John is simple enough for a child to wade in, but deep enough for the scholar and the most seasoned saint to swim in." John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Jesus was/ is The Pre-existent One, the manifestation of the Word. Jesus was before the foundation of time, is and always will be.

Jesus stepped out of eternity to become a man that through his work on the cross, I am justified before God as is anyone who will accept this free gift of salvation. The message of the gospel is so simple and I often quote Paul, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

Man, in his pride attempts in vain to reach up to God and has deviated far from the simplicity of the gospel and the early Way. The result, too often meaningless and empty rituals and false doctrines and the mass murders in the name of religion.

Jesus warned us to not be deceived time and again. John 5:42-44, "But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?" Assuredly, Jesus is not surprised at the great apostasy of today.

I have long known that I am passing through this life to a far greater destination. What I haven’t been prepared for is the sorrow of not being able to reach the lost. Within my family. There are followers of false doctrine, arrogance towards God, and disbelief. My weapon of choice is to pray for friends and family while I rest in the knowledge that God knows each man’s heart.

Matthew 10:22, "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." As for me, I am justified through Jesus and am now working on my sanctification and will do my utmost to endure to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment