Saturday, May 10, 2014

Maturing in our Christian Walk, Milk of the Word or Meat of the Word 542 - 8 - 7

To me, an adherence to the law encourages a person to accept doctrine without question, this is anathema to KI and to Acts 17:11.

In Paul’s day there were limited handwritten copies of the scriptures and much persecution.  Today we are truly without excuse, as an example, I have several versions of the Bible and commentaries on my iPhone.  In spite of such an availability of the Word, I would estimate that many calling themselves Christians read the bible infrequently rather relying on the theology of the clergy.

Perhaps Paul had some inclination of what would transpire in the future. Paul was trying to prevent the believing Jews of his day from again falling under the law. Today Paul would find two plus billion people following faiths that hold to unbiblical doctrines and that are works rather than faith oriented. 

Islam is promoting worldwide adherents to Sharia law.  Actually, the residents of Dearborn in my home state of Michigan are experiencing a real push by the Muslims for Sharia law.  The Muslims marginalize Jesus as a prophet of lesser importance than Mohammad.  To die in jihad is often the desire of the fundamentalists within the Islamic faith.  Such insanity results from hundreds of years of brainwashing and an unreasonable hatred of those they refer to as infidels. 

The Roman Catholic Church holds to many unbiblical doctrines including the superiority of the pope’s dictates to that of the Word of God.  Rather than encouraging the population to mature in their faith, hundreds of thousands of people were tortured and murdered over the centuries for holding to Biblical Truth.  Today the church takes a more moderate approach but still denies the finished work of Christ on the cross. There is even an effort by some to promote Mary as co-creator.

This week I am especially sensitive to the heresy of the Catholic Church as my non-Catholic brother and my cradle Catholic sister-in-law are currently in Rome and will/ have likely visited the Vatican. 

A dear catholic friend gave me a booklet to read, “The Fatima Crusader, emergency issue.”  I dutifully perused the 40 plus pages; not one reference to Bible verse(s) in it.  After all these pages of scare tactics we are told we can help by prayer.  However, these are prayers and monthly offerings to the “Apostles of the Rosary.”

I would like to give my friend and my sister-in-law a copy of Dave hunt’s book, “The Woman Rides the Beast” and/ or “Why I question the Catholic Faith” by Charles Evans.  However, this would most likely cause me to lose a good friend as well as to fracture what is, at best, a tenuous family relationship.  They seem to be content without even the Milk of the Word. Perhaps I’ll be judged at the Bema Seat for being a coward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment