Wednesday, November 12, 2014

we are admonished not to "rail at dignities”. 546 - 5 - 1

1 Timothy 2:1-4, "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

Good advice but often very hard to follow given our current administration. That said, God is in control and his will be done. Was this week's repudiation of the POTUS and his minions by the electorate God’s will? There is/ has been much online discussion about the harm that could be done in the next two years by what is now a lame duck president who still has the authority to make executive orders.

While I honor the office of the POTUS and I of myself can do nothing, I will remember the words of Michael the Archangel. Jude, 1:9 “Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.”

Not only was President Obama elected in 2008, he was reelected in 2012. In my opinion his reelection was against all odds, however, it appears that it was God’s will. Perhaps the midterm election will help to turn the tide in our country that seems to be circling the drain. It’s beyond my pay grade so all I can do is hold onto Jesus and His Word.

Matthew 15:13-14, "But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."

As an aside, while I was surfing the Internet trying to remember the verses in which we are to pray for our leaders I found this PDF. I have only scanned it but it looks like a good model for intercessory prayer.

"SCRIPTURE PRAYERS FOR LEADERS"

http://www.kingdomreflections.org/media/pdf/Scripture%20Prayers%20for%20Leaders.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment