Saturday, January 31, 2015

My interpretation of the return of Christ has a very positive effect on my life 540 - 2 - 5.

I anticipate the return of Christ for His Church at any time and I seek to not be found wanting.
According to CM “The primary lesson in the Book of Job is the oldest lesson in the world and the most important lesson that it is possible for us to learn…. This is a lesson I cannot teach you: How shall mortal man be justified with God?”
With Job there is both an upper story at a lower story. He was not cognizant of the upper story in which he was being used by God in a challenge to Satan. In the lower story Job was afflicted by great family and material loss and horrific physical trauma. Through it all Job never cursed God and all is ultimately restored to him.
Job 19:25, “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:” Job seems to have had an innate respect for God and knowledge that there would be latter days.
In my opinion, we are most assuredly in the end of the end days and the very soon return of Christ. While I am not anywhere near as upright as Job was, I daily work at my sanctification.
About those Crowns:
2 Timothy 4:8, “Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”
This is one crown that I surely will be qualified for as I wake up in the morning with the regret that Jesus didn't come for his Church during the night. I go to sleep in anticipation that this just might be the night...
James 1:12, “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.”
Again, daily I’m working on my sanctification, no simple task while I am still in the presence of sin.
1 Peter 5:4, “And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.”
While I realize that I have been justified by the free gift of salvation offered by Jesus on the cross, the thought of being awarded crowns is very appealing. Any crowns earned would be presented to Jesus with great thanks for being granted the privilege of spending eternity with Him.
As the time of Christ’s return draws nearer it does seem that the devil is a roaring lion looking for whom he may devour. There is an acceleration of immorality throughout the planet and our country is a chief offender. Groups such as ISIS are very effective minions of the devil and create havoc in a very explosive part of the world. One denomination is trying to write Israel out of the Bible, total blasphemy. So I stand as a watchman on the wearing the spiritual armor of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment