Tuesday, January 27, 2015

, Prophetic hope drives me to holiness and evangelism. 540 - 1 - 4

I use Facebook as a witnessing tool and follow groups such as The Hal Lindsey Media Ministries. Just yesterday a member added that “Someone posted in one of my earlier posts, that she felt that "time itself was somehow speeding up" and wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this as well? I would like to expand on this thought and say "In a world that is becoming ever meaner and colder by the day, it's harder for me to find joy in anything "of this world" other than my loved ones, and the promise of our salvation. Is anyone else experiencing these feelings? Want to make sure I'm not alone in this?”

In less than 24 hours there were more than 250 “Likes” and 160 comments most in confirmation of the seemingly increasing divide between good and evil.  There also were many reference to the closeness of the coming of Jesus for His Church.

Even unbelievers are sensing that things are going from bad to worse. There’s an acceleration in people referring to Matthew 24:7-8, “7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.”

I suspect that I’m typical of those of us who are eagerly awaiting the blessed hope. I want to be like the five virgins who had plenty of oil for their lamps as they awaited the bridegroom. To this end, I do my best to lead a morally upright life and to avoid doing anything by which I might be a stumbling block to others. As a believer I’m very aware that my behavior will be scrutinized by unbelievers looking to find fault. As one claiming the title of Christian I realize that I am an ambassador for Jesus in keeping with the third commandment.


An awareness of the times and how rapidly events are falling in line with Bible prophecy only and intensifies my drive to bring more people into the kingdom while there still is time.  In my opinion, one of the greatest barriers is that many people already claim to be Christians when at most they are pew warmers. Typical of this is my older brother who says that he attends church once in a while and does good things. So I pray intercessor prayers that he will come to the foot of the cross and leave the task of convicting him to the Holy Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment