Sunday, September 27, 2015

A very humble servant of God I'm blessed to know. 538 - 3 - 7

About two years ago I was back home in Arizona after an extended stay in California helping to take care of my elderly mother. At that time I had a single wide trailer, a RV and two fully packed storage sheds. I wanted to simplify my life. I nearly gave the trailer and storage sheds away, rented a public storage shed and moved my RV onto the Bureau of land management.

Sometime during this time period, I was at the local McDonald’s. As I walked through the parking lot there was a white box truck with “Simplify” painted on one side. As I was walking past the truck I saw two men sitting in the open truck. There were many signs with biblical references so of course I stopped to chat and admire this tiny home. On the other side of the box truck was “Time to Simplify.”

Later at church we had a guest speaker named Mike Vier, one of the men from the simplify truck. Although Mike started his prepared presentation we ask to hear his life story and what a story!

Mike, a cradle Mormon, was born and raised in Utah and held a high position in his stake. He was a maintenance supervisor in charge of several buildings. Mike was trying to convert a BAC friend so he attended his friend’s Assembly of God Church. Mike never had the burning in the bosom that Mormons hold so dear. Eventually Mike prayed to God and felt that he was born again. Later he was called upon to speak at a Mormon function and he told his fellow Mormons that they should be born again. Mike was demoted and eventually left Mormonism and lost his family as well.

Mike travels in his “Time to Simplify” box truck/ tiny home. He teaches wherever he is asked. Mike uses visually aids as he provides his answers to these questions often asked by Christians:

1. How do we love God with all our hearts?
2. How do we believe without doubt?
3. How do we hear from God?

Years ago Mike also produced a six part DVD set Titled “God’s provision for intimacy with him.” Mike deals with many subjects including the authenticity of the Bible, the Trinity, Grace and more.


Mike remains a very humble individual and is not very technologically savvy. I suspect by choice. He is not on the Internet and use a cell phone for calls only. He lives a very quiet life and is currently a host in a campground. A great servant of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment