Monday, September 14, 2015

What I'm doing in a concrete manner to participate in advancing the gospel 538 - 2 - 7

I have three primary means by which I attempt to advance the gospel. First is to try to be an example to others; to recall the initials WWJD, What Would Jesus Do? Next, I witnessed to people directly and via the Internet, most notably Facebook and my blog. And finally, I financially support the church I attend and other ministries as covered in week one discussion question.

Try as I may to emulate Christ I continually fail to do so. I am very concerned that I may be a stumbling block to others by appearing to be just another Christian hypocrite. In my opinion, many who called themselves Christian are Christians in name only. They may go to church and talk the talk but they don’t walk the walk. I pray that with God’s guidance I am not one of them.

I spend my summers in northeastern Arizona in a remote and off the power grid location. However, Friday, Saturday and Sunday I own and run a small shop in a flea market. This brings me into contact with many people and provides an opportunity to fellowship with believers and possibly rub off on non-believers.

I belong to several special interest group on Facebook; mostly Christian groups that firmly support Israel. As for my Facebook friends, I often share relevant Internet article find on websites such as Rapture Ready.

Then there are my blogs. My first blog, sallycp, is pretty much comatose. My next blog, The Politically Incorrect Club (TPIC), was an outgrowth of an eBay chat room often dealing with Christian issues. TPIC blog gave way to my current blog, in the beginning God. In the beginning God is a labor of love and has a limited but worldwide readership and is a labor of love.


As for supporting and my church and Christian organizations such as the Voice of the Marker, this is the easier thing I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment