Saturday, April 2, 2016

Defrauding the Body of Christ 537 - 3 - 2

As for the question,” How does one defraud the Body of Christ,” CM seems to be referring to non-performance in being a prayer warrior. I’m more concerned that I might defraud the Body of Christ in another way due to what I perceive as my gift, that of discernment.
Paul had much to say about the gifts of the Spirit, 1 Corinthians 12:7, "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.” Paul lists them in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10, “8, For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10, To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues.” My best fit is in verse 10, discerning of spirits.
For me it is Sola Scriptura. Unfortunately there are many organizations claiming to be Christian while promoting a very shaky doctrine. Some in the New Apostolic Reformation are claiming to manifest gold teeth, gold dust and gemstones. Nothing new here as this is just recycled Eastern spirituality as practiced by the late Guru Sai Bara for decades.
In the 90s I circled the drain of the New Age, a fact that gives me greater discernment along with common ground with the New Agers than I would have otherwise. 2 Timothy 3:5 pretty much sums up the New Age, “Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.” Too often new agers think they are a little gods in the making. I remember when we would greet each other with “The Christ in me sees the Christ in you,” Better would be the Holy Spirit, however, not supercilious enough.
While I have the discernment to spot New Age enticements even in my church family I need to be more able to ascertain that I am correct in my discernment. I have already nearly lost church friends over disparaging Ms. King regarding her supposed visit to the Third Kingdom by comparing it to Paul. Many discussions with church family concerning 1 Corinthians 12:10 and speaking in tongues. Several church members would be speaking in tongues at the same time and no interpretation of tongues. To me babbling rather than an orderly use of the gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment