Saturday, June 4, 2016

“I am the First and the Last” 519-2 - 14 - 3

Exodus 3:14, “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.”
"I the Lord, the first, and with the last" is found in Isaiah 41:4, 44:6, 48:12 and Revelation 1:11, 1:17, 22:13. "The Alpha and Omega" is found in Revelation 1:8, 1:11, 21:6, and 22:13. "The beginning and the end" is found in Revelation 1:8, 21:6 and 22:13.
It is said by many that Jesus never claimed to be God, not so. John 8:58, "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,Before Abraham was, I am."
Old Testament:
Isaiah 41:4, “Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.”
Isaiah 44:6, “Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.”
Wow! “Beside me there is no God, The great ‘I AM THAT I AM.”’ The great Jehovah God.
Isaiah 48:12, “Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.”
Isaiah 46:10, “Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:”
New Testament:
Revelation 1:8, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” Jesus who was and is and to come.
Alpha is of Hebrew origin; the first letter of the alphabet and Omega is the last letter of the Greek alphabet.
Revelation 1:11, “Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: ……”
Revelation 1:17, “And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:”
1 Corinthians 15:3-4, "3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" Jesus that was and is. Jesus will come again as “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.” Revelation 22:13.
As with Jehovah God of the Old Testament, Jesus is the First and the Last. Jesus is fully man and fully God!

No comments:

Post a Comment