Saturday, June 10, 2017

Unanswered prayers 531-1 - 11 - 7

How do I handle unanswered prayers, by trying to rest in the assurance that God knows what is prearranged for me from the foundation of time. Sounds good, nevertheless, I’ve been known to cry out from Isaiah 53:5, “…and with your stripes we are healed.”
I try to be like Paul, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, “9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.” Sadly, I fall short of being a Paul.
When David was free of pursue by King Saul he returned to Ziglag and found that their city had been burned and plundered by the Amalekites. Worst his people talked of stoning him for the captivity of their wives, families, and goods. How did David react? 1 Samuel 30:6, “And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.” David went on to defeat the Amalekites. 
Even Jesus had at least one unanswered prayer, Matthew 26:39, “And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.”
There are many examples of great men and women of the Bible handling unanswered prayer with grace. I pray for our fallen world; however, evil abounds. So I remember, Psalm 46:10-11, “10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. 11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.”

No comments:

Post a Comment