Saturday, July 29, 2017

What I'm doing to be fully ready for the future 526-1 - 7 - 4

What am I doing to be fully ready for the future, fully ready for the future for what; a rather vague question. Does it have to do with waiting for Jesus to call His Church home? Is it about planting breadcrumbs for those left behind? Is it about being a prepper to survive tribulation in the lead up the the actual Tribulation?
In my daily walk as I wait upon the return of Jesus for His Church I try to remember Paul'S advice in Ephesians 6:13, “Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
Paul speaks to the whole armour of God, “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
Hebrews 4:12, “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God helps to keep our thoughts focused on God.
I try to lead a life worthy of being caught up when Jesus comes for His bride. To have even a small portion of the righteousness of Paul, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day —and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:7-8.
What of those who are left behind at the time of the rapture? I suspect that any number of them will remember a born-again Christian friend who had warned them about the soon coming of Jesus for his Church. I have left breadcrumbs for family and friends who will be left behind as I expect that many other BACs have done.
Several prophetic websites such as the Rapture Ready site have information for those who are left behind. The Rapture Ready website has a section titled “Information For Those Left Behind.” I expect that these prophetic websites will be taken down fairly rapidly after the rapture. Nevertheless, while still available, people should be able to go to these sources and read some very helpful information dealing with what happened and why they missed it and what they can do to make sure that they don't fall under the spell of the antichrist.
Full disclosure, I’m something of a prepper. Most of my Christian friends fall into one of two groups concerning the Rapture. Most are pre-trip and expect to be taken out before the horror of the Tribulation begins. The other group think we'll be here for part or all the tribulation but will be protected in place. Although I agree we believers will be taken care of I feel that I should make a certain amount of preparation while I wait either to be called home or caught up.
I wrote the following several months ago, still relevant. "Several Christian websites promote the procurement of long term storage food products and other prepper items such as water purification. Many survival items are necessary in addition to food and water, medical supplies being just one. I’m slowly adding to my suppliers. I have ample solar power at my summer off-the-power-grid home and a lesser amount at my winter on-the-power-grid home. In a normal emergency, I will have this advantage, however, an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) would likely wipe out the electronics required with solar power. I've taken the added precaution of placing an electronic Bible, flash drives with Bible teachings and Bible commentaries along with small electronics and a solar charger in faraday pouches. I will be able to satisfy my hunger for the Bible as well as share scripture with my neighbors no matter what happens."
As I attempt to be "fully ready for the future" I must remember that I'm an ambassador for God and not to be a stumbling block to others by reflecting on "What would Jesus do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment