Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The last time I had a Selah moment 515-1 - 1 - 1

As most of my friends know I live off the power grid 6 months out of the year. I have a trailer that has a propane refrigerator that worked until about a month ago. Although I thankfully have an electric refrigerator in the shed supported by my solar panels it's a bother to have to run back and forth several times a day. Add to that nothing cold to drink in the trailer.
Yesterday I was shopping most of the day and when I got home I looked at a few bottles of Aloe Vera juice and thought wouldn't it be wonderful if the propane refrigerator in my trailer worked. So, I gave it one more try and centered myself before I again attempted to light it. Many is the time I had problem lighting it and I would call out to God rather loudly "A little help would be appreciated." Then I would whine and say please. This time I said “It is your will Lord” and it started.
It's been running now since yesterday and God willing it will continue to run. Having two working refrigerators when you're living off the power grid 28 miles from the nearest town is a blessing. That said, I love it here in God's quiet country, many opportunities for Selah moments.
This discussion question reminded me of an earlier response to a similar question in a class taken several years ago, Introduction to Spiritual Disciplines.
At that time, I was going through a very rough time emotionally. I had left my home in Arizona to help care for my mother in California. I found that I was very out of step with the majority the people from California who seem to be New Agers, Atheist, Agnostic, Catholic, or indifferent to faith. Mom and I talked about so many things but not Jesus. She had faith but would just say “It’s a mystery.” I felt I was starving spiritually.
The aforementioned discussion question concerned "Walking with God.” To me there seems to be an equivalency between spending time alone with God and walking with God. Both require daily/ hourly “Selah Moments.”
I count it as a great blessing that years ago I bought several Cd's by The Maranatha Singers. When overwhelmed I would put on a headphone and listened to these Praise and Worship Songs including Micah 6:8. Another much needed Selah Moment. I rested in the knowledge that God had planted me in California where he wanted me to be at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment