Friday, October 20, 2017

Psalm 40, no burnt offerings 515-1 - 8 - 4

Psalm 40:6-8, “6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, 8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.”
Paul repeats the Psalm, Hebrews 10:7, “Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.”
1 Samuel 15:22, “And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.”
God does not desire burnt offering, rather our obedience. Jesus was the final sacrifice completing the Scarlett thread foretold in Genesis 3:15, “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” And followed up in Genesis 3:21, “Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.” Just as an animal’s blood was shed to provide covering for Adam and Eve, we are covered by Jesus blood shed on Calvary.
After the Resurrection Jesus treated two Emmaus disciples to a seven-mile Bible Study. Luke 24:25-27, “25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.”
Christ Appears on the Road to Emmaus
[https://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/christ-appears-on-the-road-to-emmaus?lang=eng]
The volume of the Book is written of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment