Friday, October 27, 2017

Psalm 46, God is with us 515-1 - 9 - 5

It is difficult to choose a portion of this wonderful Psalm, God is with us! God is with us/ me whether as when Jerusalem was under attack or during personal harassment for my belief.
“It is generally thought that the historical background of the Psalm is the miraculous deliverance of Jerusalem when it was besieged by the Assyrian wolf, Sennacherib (2 Kings 18:13–19:35; Isaiah 36:1–37:36). At this time the people of Judah were tremendously conscious of God's presence with them in a unique way. And so the Psalm celebrates the praises of Him who is Immanuel—God with us.
[Believer’s Bible Commentary]
Psalm 46:2-3, “2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.” 
I know God is with me, it’s that quiet assurance deep within me. My heart goes out to the many who are without faith. This would be a frightening world if not for the absolute knowing that I’m covered by the blood of Jesus.
Psalm 46:10, "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.” The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is/ will be exalted among the heathen. Our being included in God's plan was planned from the very foundations of time. Genesis 3:15, “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” 
Psalm 46:11, “The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah." Interesting that here the Israel patriarch is referred to as Jacob, not Israel. Jacob means heel catcher, that is, supplanter. Inclusive of Gentiles not as a supplanter to Israel, rather included as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Yes, God is with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment