Monday, February 19, 2018

No pit so deep 515-2 - 23 - 4

Psalm 142:1-2, “1 I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication. 2 I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble.”
David was being pursued by his enemies and had been deserted by his friends. He is hiding in a cave and praying aloud and sounding forsaken. He cries and pours out his complaint before the Lord, a simple telling of his trouble and grief.
Psalm 142:3-4, “3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me. 4 I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.” 
“No man cared for my soul” cries out the depth of David’s pain of rejection.
Psalm 142:5-6, “5 I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living. 6 Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.”
Luke 9:58, “And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.”
Psalm 142:7, “Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.”
Like David, Betsie Ten Boom never lost her faith even in a Nazi concentration camp. As Betsie was dying she whispered to her sister Corrie, "Must tell people what we have learned here. We must tell them that there is no pit so deep that He is not deeper still. They will listen to us, Corrie, because we have been here.”
I stared at her wasted form. “But when will all this happen, Betsie!” “Now. Right away. Oh, very soon! By the first of the year, Corrie, we will be out of prison!”
[Boom, Corrie Ten; Elizabeth Sherrill; John Sherrill. The Hiding Place]
Betsie Ten Boom was right, they were both out of prison by the first of the year, Betsie through going home to be with the Lord and her Sister Corrie was released due to a clerical error. Corrie went on to be a very effective speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment