Monday, July 23, 2018

The book of Malachi applies to Christians today. 526-2 -6 - 1

Malachi 4:1-2. “1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. 2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.”
Are we professing Christians Stubble, or do we really fear God? In my opinion, Norma McCorvey was stubble who came to fear God.
Norma McCorvey was far more known as Jane Roe of the infamous Roe v. Wade abortion decision. Norma was “The Shadow Plaintiff” in the Roe v. Wade decision and it was many hours old before she heard about the decision. In her own words “I came home from work—the first day I had been able to work in years, due to depression—and picked up the evening paper.” At the same time as this important decision the Watergate scandal had captured most of the media attention.
Again, to quote Norma, “but in the lower right-hand corner of the Dallas Times Herald I noticed a news item announcing a Supreme Court decision about abortion. Could this be me? I thought. The words announcing the Court’s decision gripped me. It was me! I had won! And yet it seemed so strange. I had already delivered my baby and placed her for adoption, so it really wasn’t relevant to me—I couldn’t abort a child who had already been born. In the article, I was referred to only through my pseudonym, Jane Roe, so even though they were talking about me, it felt like they were talking about someone else.”
[Mccorvey, Norma. Won by Love]
Norma worked at promoting abortion and worked in at least two abortion centers. In 1995 the prolife group Operation Rescue moved next door to the abortion clinic where she was working. This had to be a God thing as Norma was “Won by Love” by those in Operation Rescue. Norma became a proactive Christian and joined the prolife until she passed in 2017.
Now what does this have to do with Malachi? While Norma was still actively involved with the abortion center, a few of the Operation Rescue workers lead by Ronda were able to bring a jar of aborted baby parts to their prolife center. Among the aborted baby parts was a nearly perfect baby boy.
Ronda said she always wanted a boy and would have named him Malachi. The head of Operation Rescue told her “You need a better reason than that. Go through the Bible and find a reason you think we should name this boy Malachi, and we’ll go with that.” Ronda learned that Malachi means “God’s messenger.” The aborted Malachi could provide a visual of the truth of abortion, to be “God’s messenger.”
Malachi 4:5-6, “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: 6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.” Sadly, the message of the aborted Malachi of the last century has not been heeded. Nearly 60 million potential humans have been aborted since Roe v Wade.  
We read in Proverbs 6:17 that among the things that God hates, “is hands that shed innocent blood.”  Not only is innocent blood being shed, baby parts are being sold. Thankfully God has been patience, however, is the day of Malachi 4:1 not growing ever closer?

No comments:

Post a Comment