Saturday, November 10, 2018

John 8 and Psalm 69 provide insight into the life of Jesus from childhood on.

John 8 and Psalm 69 provide insight into the life of Jesus from childhood on. The legibility of Jesus’ was questioned by the Pharisees throughout his ministry and His siblings seem to have rejected Him.
John 8:18, “ I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.”
The Pharisees next question, John 8:19 “Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.”
Again, the legibility of Jesus’ was questioned by the Pharisees throughout his ministry. Jesus was very politically incorrect when speaking to those Pharisees. John 8:44, “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”
This disbelief in the deity of Jesus was of the anti-Christ then as it is today.
Psalm 69 not only deals with the crucifixion, it provides insight into the childhood of Jesus. Prior to the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus there is no record of his siblings considering him other than mortal. Read his emotional pain of rejection as He cries out in verses 8 and 10.
Psalm 69:4, “They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away.”
As it was in the time of Jesus, as it is now, it is very difficult to understand the hatred directed at Jesus by the very people He came to offer eternal life. Jesus being without sin was our propitiation, our justification before a righteous God.
Psalm 69:6, “Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.”
Jesus prayed that His death would not be an obstacle to His believers. With the exception of John, all disciples deserted Him while on the cross. After the resurrection a 180 degree turnaround as the disciples proudly proclaimed The Good News.
Psalm 69:8, “I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.” Psalm 69:10, “When I wept, and chastened my soul with fasting, that was to my reproach.”
Jesus siblings likely rejected and ridiculed Him. After the resurrection, another 180 degree turnaround of at least two of his siblings as James and Jude wrote two books of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment