Monday, August 12, 2013

Ezekiel prophesied using visual models or demonstrations as instructed. If God told you to act out what He has placed on your heart, what would it look like? 521-1 -3-3

Like Israel, this country has fallen far from being "The city on the Hill" lauded by President Ronald Reagan in his farewell address January 1989 to a sin filled nation. Even in the heady years of the Reagan Administration it seems that our fall was long in play. However, it seems that with each generation the slide into the point of no return is greater. In these end days we are even more to be "Watchmen on the wall;" to spread the Good News while there is still time.

watchman on the wall’s was tasked with prophesying the down-fall of Judah by play acting the events to his fellow captives. Israel was under God’s judgment and was to be patience and wait out the years of her captivity. Otherwise Jerusalem would be destroyed. His message was ignored and Jerusalem was destroyed.

I have long been driven to be a watchman on the wall and often share my belief that the signs of the last days are all around us. I feel like I should be standing on the street corner like that thought to be crazy man holding up a sign saying “Repent the end is near.” Sometimes I think I've worn out the patience of friends and families with my insistence that Jesus is coming and they should be prepared.

Often I feel like I'm negligent in witnessing, however, today something really timely and wonderful happened. I was shopping and start looking through a rack of T-shirts. I almost fell over when I saw a red shirt with a heart inscribed with “Jesus loves me.” I immediately added the shirt to my cart and then I found the perfect witnessing T-shirt. It is printed “Property of Jesus” with a sign of the fish and XXL. I was absolutely taken back and added it to my cart as well. Of course I had to mention to the checkout clerk what XXL meant and how it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus was exactly who he said he was. As it turned out, the sales lady was also a believer. Hopefully when I wear my T-shirt I'll be asked what XXL stands for. That will open the door wide to witnessing.

What makes finding these T-shirts so unique is that I am in Quartzsite, AZ, a dusty little desert town that pretty much dries up by the end of March. During the winter Quartzsite is alive with hundreds of thousands of people who come in for the winter markets. However, this time of year the town is nearly closed down. There is very little selection to be found this time of year which made my finding these T-shirts all the more special. Who would have thought that what God had placed on my heart would be witnessing tools in the form of T-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment