Wednesday, April 4, 2018

My attitude toward the Cross of Jesus Christ is so important to your eternity. 543 - 6 - 2

The foreshadowing of the cross appears in the garden. Genesis 3:15, “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” God had foreknowledge that man would fall so He had a solution. Satan would be the author of evil and bruise the heel of Jesus, nevertheless, Jesus would ultimately destroy him.
Genesis 3:21, “Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins and clothed them.” God provided coats of skins for Adam and Eve but at the cost of blood. In the same way, we are covered by the blood of Jesus shed on that cross; we are justified before God.
Several years ago Pastor Bruce of the Assembly of God Church talked about “The Seven Sayings of Jesus on the Cross.” I was inspired to investigate and write an article concerning prophecies fulfilled by Jesus while impaled upon the cross.
[https://sallycp-inthebeginninggod.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-seven-sayings-of-jesus-on-cross.html]
Psalm 22 could have been dictated from the foot of the cross. Psalm 22:1, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?”
Jesus was Tortured and mocked, Psalm 22:7-8, “7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, 8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.” There was no deliverance from the cross for Jesus except the deliverance of death.
Matthew 27:46, “And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” Jesus called out to His God and not to His Father as a righteous God could not look at Jesus who represented all the sin that ever was or ever would be. Mark confirms this in Mark 15:34.
Earlier, Jesus stood before Pilate, John 18:37, “Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
Jesus was and is our propitiation, by His sacrifice on the cross Jesus assured us of salvation, nevertheless, we must accept it and place our complete faith, trust, and life in Jesus. To do less endangers our wonderful eternity in the presence of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment