Tuesday, December 11, 2012

How do you see interpret Genesis 12? What actions are you taking? 502-5-3

When I think of Genesis 12 the first thought is of God's promise bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel. Delving a little bit deeper, “The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” Genesis 12:1-3 (NIV)

We know from Stephen’s speech to the Sanhedrin in Acts 7 that Abraham did not leave immediately. Abraham left the land of the Chaldean's and settled in Harran until the death of his father before following God’s directions. God made a promise to Abraham and was still true to his word even though Abraham tarred. From this I understand that we can depend on our awesome God and His forgiveness even when we dither. We have until we draw our last breath to accept salvation. In Paul’s words, “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (KJV)

As for Genesis 12:3, eventually there will be the Sheep and Goat judgment. “And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.” Matthew 25:32-33. I’m thankful that I’ll be coming back with Jesus rather than standing in judgment as He separates those who survived the Tribulation into sheep and goats.
Is various KI classes we have had discussions about the Third Commandment involving being an ambassador for God rather than profanity. In my often stated opinion, as a nation the United States is under God’s judgment for our treatment of Israel as evidenced by extreme weather and out-of-control violence. I agree with CM, "God means what he says and says what he means." So in my small way I’m getting the truth out concerning the blessings Israel provides to the world and providing a little practical cold hard cash to her. I often use Facebook to share articles about Israel and the many ways Israel has blessed the world in the medical area as well as demonstrating the maximization of the utilization of her resources.

We are told to pray for the peace of Jerusalem and I do. Prayer is the strongest weapon we have in our arsenal, one that I use. Comments about yesterday's ceasefire to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment