Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week One of Revival in Quartzsite, AZ, oh that it should spread worldwide 532-2 - 12 - 8

A little off topic but perhaps in line with DQ# 1. Give examples of “true worship” from your life.

Joel 2:28, “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Even with my rather intensive studies with KI, I felt that I was being somewhat spiritually lazy. I was very comfortable in a local Baptist church with a loving church family. Although the majority of the women at church are either married or widowed, the church made no real distinction in its treatment of this twice divorced woman.

That said, I was feeling just too comfortable. In keeping with Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths" I have been led to the local Assembly of God Church. I started attending the Assembly of God Church with good friends and got caught up in the wonderful, passionate and on fire for Jesus people I met there.

January is revival time in Quartzsite, AZ. A few nights ago as I sat under the tutelage of a pastor filled with a zest for Jesus and in the presence of people speaking in tongues, I asked myself “What am I doing here,” then I remember that I asked to be lead to a more proactive church and boy did I get it. Coming from a conservative Protestant background Pentecostal is somewhat disquieting to me. However, it resonates with me. Jesus said that he must go so that the comforter could come, yes Holy Spirit come!

As week one of revival in Quartzsite Arizona comes to a close, I am thrilled with what I’ve experienced.

Even at 101 my mother continues to have a very sharp mind. So she asked me something to the effect are many people falling down in church. Such is the reputation of Pentecostal in general and was to me in my limited understanding of it. Always a very analytical person I’m beginning to realize that speaking in tongues helps me to silence that internal critic that is my usual companion in spiritual matters.

Speakers this week’s week were Charles E. Sivley and Chris Klock both lifelong Pentecostals. Their teachings have been very beneficial and are filling a need in my soul. I have often felt that I had a word of wisdom for someone or that I should offer to lay hands on them but was always too timid to risk their rejection. I am learning to step out in boldness.


Now is the time for revival, the harvest is there but the workers are few. I am so thankful that I am privileged to be part of it.

Added Later:

 After Friday night's revival/ Camp Meeting I was driving home and noticed cars parked along the road as well as in a parking lot. As I came to the stop sign, I realized the cars were parked by one of the local bars. So many people were getting charged up in the spirit, the problem is that it was probably 80 or 90 proof rather than the super proof of the Holy Spirit.

Tonight starts week two at the Assembly of God Church and I'll be there metaphorically lighting my one little candle rather than cursing the darkness.

Added even later:

Last Friday night I set aside my pride and arrogance and asked for healing for a very aggressive case of bronchitis and asthma. This condition developed about five days earlier and even with medication was getting worse. I was having great difficulty breathing, an attack by the devil or a very forceful nudge from the Holy Spirit? I went forward. I was asked by the evangelical Chris Klock if I believed that I could be healed by Jesus and I said absolutely without a doubt. The rest is rather hazy as I don't even remember being touched other than on my arm and possibly lightly on the forehead. No one was more surprised than I was and now I understand the expression slain by the spirit. I'm still coughing, but my lungs are definitely clearing.

Thank you for your healing Jesus and may I someday be used as a conduit for your healing just as Chris Klock was a conduit of healing for me last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment