Saturday, June 10, 2017

What is my most important stewardship and how do I keep it a priority? 531-1 - 11 - 6

What is my most important stewardship and how do I keep it a priority? I try to have a heart for God as my most important stewardship. Through the prophet Ezekiel it is possible to see full measure God’s patience with sinful man. God is willing to give us a “new heart,” however, we are to be obedient and to walk in His way. If we fail, God will bring “recompense their way upon their (my) own heads.” Continuous effort is required to keep me walking with God. This morning I attended a water board meeting that reminded me of just how much in the flesh I still am.
Ezekiel, 11:19-21, “And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: 20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. 21 But as for them whose heart walketh after the heart of their detestable things and their abominations, I will recompense their way upon their own heads, saith the Lord GOD."
“Ezekiel follows Jeremiah in urging spiritual religion. It is definitely a heart religion that God wants. The heart is beyond repair. A new one will be provided. Formalism must be left behind. The spiritual emphasis will give them touch with Yahweh that will transform their thinking, their worship, their conduct and their loyalty. A new spirit will be their special gift from their God.”
[Believer’s Bible Commentary]
Even more from Ezekiel concerning a new heart. Whether it’s Israel thousands of years ago or present day, has anything really changed?
Ezekiel 18:31, “Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?”
Ezekiel 36:26, “A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.”
Thank you, God, for the promise of a new heart. Jesus had much to say about the heart through His disciples:
Matthew 15:18-20, “18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man."
Luke 6:45 “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.”
Good advice from Paul on how to keep my stewardship of a heart for God a priority. Hebrews 10:22, “Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.”

No comments:

Post a Comment