Monday, November 26, 2018

As a Christians I should memorize I John 4:4. 545 - 7 - 4

1 John 4:4, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”
As a believer I have the discernment of the Holy Spirit within me enabling me to overcome the false teachers that will abound as we draw closer to the return of Jesus. 2 Timothy 4:3-4, “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” Again, believers will have the discernment of the indwelling Holy Spirit and turn from these false teachers.
There is another warning in 1 John 4, in verse 3, “And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.” And in verse 5, “They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.”
In Matthew 7 Jesus warns against people who falsely profess to acknowledge Him as Savior
Matthew 7:21, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.”
Those who are not allowed entrance into the kingdom of heaven then cry, Matthew 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And Jesus will say, Matthew 7:23, “And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
What a horrific statement to hear. Again, we believers are protested from false teachers,  1 John 4:4, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.”
We owe our justification before a righteous God to the gift of grace of Jesus who served as our propitiation. The least I can do is to conform to Galatians 5:24-25, “24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment