Friday, February 12, 2021

The Second Coming of the First Century Church Continued

In November of 2012 I discussed the value of being part of a small group of believers. I ended with “One final comment, small groups may very well be the future churches in America as they are in so many other countries. We can see more and more discrimination against the Christian faith and Christians even here in the United States. I would pray that rather than having to go underground, we will see great revival in the United States.”

Christian friends and several in prayer groups are hoping for a great revival in these end days. Sadly, and in my opinion, hearts seem to progressively be getting hardened to the message of the true Gospel. That said and while there is still time, we will continue to witness in this darkening world.

Many churches have either been closed down or restricted in their services due to the Conid-19 virus. Many are told no singing, no singing of praises to the Lord, seriously? There is some “opening up” but with the constant talk of mutations of the virus what does 2021 hold?

Under the Biden/ Harris administration the left now has complete control of all branches of the government as sadly it seems even the SCOTUS has moved left. Is this a “shaking of the Church,” will the capital C Church, the “Ekklesia,” the assembly of “called out ones” be going underground, is this a wake up call, a rebirth of the church at Pentecost in Acts 2.

With thanks to Church Missler, a little background on “The Life Cycle of Churches” with my added editorial comments in red:

• People-oriented Pastor – describes the church I attend when home in Arizona

• Pulpit-Oriented Pastor – the conservative Protestant church I grew up in

• Property-oriented Pastorate – describes the Protestant church I attended with my mother before she joined the Catholic Church

• Power-oriented Pastorate - Return of the Nicolaitans – in my opinion, describes the Catholic Church

• Politically-driven decay - Megachurches too many of which are falling into line with “The World”

With this politically driven decay, is there a coming of the underground church? Decades before the followers of Jesus were called Christians they met in secret, in home churches and in the case of Rome, in the catacombs. The people of the First Century Church, the "Way," likely heard about the teaching of Christ by word-of-mouth.

In the Apostolic Church one might even be taught by one of the apostles and teachings would be very close to those of Jesus. John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

What of the simplicity of Paul, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”

As for me, I seem to have the gift of discernment and am being watchful in these days of deception.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment