Tuesday, December 17, 2013

In what ways is the Abrahamic Covenant being challenged today? 512 - 10 - 4

“And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.” (Genesis 17:7-8).

With thanks to CM, The Abrahamic Covenant has seven “I will” statements by God:

1) And I will make of thee a great nation.
2) And I will bless thee
3) And make thy name great
4) And thou shalt be a blessing
5) And I will bless them that bless thee
6) And curse him that curseth thee
7) And in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

The first four “I will” statements apply to Israel and the “I will” 5-7 statements deal will those who bless or curse Israel. The United States has long been blessed by God due to our support of Israel, however, both republican and democratic POTUS have pushed Israel to give up land for peace; to agree to the establishment of a two state solution and to relinquish of part of Jerusalem to the Muslims.

Many church leaders have a rather weak Hermeneutics leading them to claim that the Everlasting Covenant God made with Israel has passed to the church though Replacement Theology:

1. Israel forfeited her promises when she rejected her Messiah
2. The promises to Abraham passed to the Church
3. All the Old Testament covenants were conditional

Replacement theology is a heresy as is demanding that Israel give up her God given land. Israel has little land today about 1/10 of 1% of the land mass of her neighbors. And yet Israel is under great pressure to give up land. Every time Israel gives up land rather than peace it brings the rocket launchers closer to their cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment