Thursday, June 19, 2014

Rewards (Crowns) as We enter Heaven 542 - 14 - 4

As we enter into heaven and stand before Jesus on the Bema judgment seat we may or may not receive rewards for what we did during our lifetime. The question is, were we a metachoi. According to CM there are at least five crowns to be rewarded according to what one did during his or her incarnation.

The Crown of Life is promise for those who have “suffered for His sake.”
• The Crown of Righteousness is promised to those who loved His appearing.
• The Crown of Glory is promised for those who “fed the flock.”
• The Crown Incorruptible is promised for those who press on steadfastly.
• The Crown of Rejoicing for those who win souls.

The Crown of Life is unlikely as I haven’t suffered for Jesus other than facing ridicule by my family. With the exception of my mother, I feel like I have to be very discerning in what I say to family and friends. This seems almost trite, however, having to downplay my passion for Jesus and for studying the Word of God is very distressing to me. However, my distress is nothing in comparison with the suffering throughout the world as Christians are being imprisoned, tortured and slaughtered. The Voice of the Martyrs website provides painful detail of this persecution throughout the planet.

http://www.persecution.com/

I do expect a Crown of Righteousness to offer to Jesus as I’m eagerly awaiting the Rapture and being in His presence. The expression “The God-Shaped Hole in the Human Soul” certainly applies to me. I consider myself to be a sojourner who never really fit into this world. The Bible says it best, "In this world but not of it."

I have donated monetarily to feeding the flock, however, the Crown of Glory is likely more for feeding the flock on the Word. I use the Internet for social networking and maintain a blog; both used as witnessing tools. Whether or not these attempts to feed the flock result in bringing anyone into the kingdom is unknown as these are impersonal in nature. I also witnessed in person whenever possible. I don’t really expect a crown of glory for this limited effort.

The Crown Incorruptible could possibly be a reward as I do press on steadfastly in becoming a better Christian apologist. After more than 2 ½ years of studying at KI, my family finally is beginning to understand that I’m expending great effort doing something I feel compelled to do; feed on the word.

To me, the Crown of Rejoicing goes pretty much with feeding the flock so not very likely a reward as I cannot make headway even with many members of my own family. I continue to pray for friends and family, however, I leave it to the Holy Spirit to convict them.

No comments:

Post a Comment