Saturday, June 21, 2014

Proverbs 6:16-20, “ These six things doth the Lord hate....

Proverbs 6:16-20, “ These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:”
Before CM and KI I naïvely thought the third commandment had to do with swearing. Now I realize that taking the Lord’s name in vain has to do with being a poor ambassador for God. To me being an ambassador for God means to home my skills as a Christian apologist. I hope in my small way to counter damage that has been done/is being done in many main stream churches. Too often lost is the message of justification by faith coupled with an inspiring message of what the blood of Christ has done for church members; rather, a great concern with filling the pews.
Paul tells us in ll Timothy 2:15 “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” I do my level best to be a positive and productive ambassador for God. A favorite is to talk to people about the simple message of the Good News: “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV.
I attempt to be a better Christian apologist by being informed of other worldviews. The Issachar Track course I 605: Worldview, Research, and Analysis was very informative concerning the seven worldviews. These include Atheism, Deism, Pantheism, Panentheism, Finite, Godism, Polytheism and Theism. It was demonstrated that Theism is the only logical worldview and would include Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Since Judaism and Islam reject the divinity of Jesus Christ, these religions also fall by the wayside leaving Christianity is the logical worldview.
Ephesians 6:11, "Put on the whole armour of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." There have been so many books written that are great asset in countering false religions. “Fast Facts® on False Teachings” by Ed Decker, 2002 is a quick overview of many of the so-called world religions and/or cults written in a fairly simple style that puts the cookies on the bottom shelve.
I maintain an online blog that likely has had little impact on nonbelievers, however, I seem to be reaching a few readers in far-flung parts of the world such as China and Russia. To date no readers from Muslim countries, go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment