Thursday, November 20, 2014

Nothing can separate us from “God’s Love;” however.... 503s - 7 - 2

Genesis 4:7, "If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin (H2403) lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him."

H2403 - A feminine noun meaning sin, transgression, sin offering, punishment. The word denotes youthful indiscretions; evil committed against another

According to CM, Sin is “To miss the mark” and Transgression is “Crossing over the line.” CM also states that “Romans Chapter 8 opens with no possibility of condemnation, and closes with no possibility of separation."

The apostle Paul always says it so well. Romans 8:38-39, “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

However, there does seem to be a sin that can separate us from God.

Matthew 12:31, “Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.”

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit seems to carry greater condemnation then blasphemy against Jesus.

Matthew 12:32, “And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.”

I would suggest that the above is a sin due to pride. A proud look is first on God’s hate list; because of pride Satan sought to rise above God. Lucifer fell from heaven and took a third of the angels with him, angels who came into the daughters of Adam resulting hybrid offspring. Thus was God’s wonderful creation totally corrupted.

As a child of God, nothing can separate me from the love of Christ. That said, if I had to depend on myself, I don't know how I could maintain my salvation. When Jesus ascended he said that the comforter would come. I am justified through Jesus' death on the cross and my acceptance of that gift so freely given. By being consumed by the word of God and with the continuing activity of the Holy Spirit in me I am growing towards sanctification. 

1 comment: