Friday, November 7, 2014

Campers for Christ 503 - 4 - 8

When I am in my winter home of Quartzsite Arizona I attend of the local Assembly of God Church. While I do not speak in tongues, my friends do as do most of the congregation. What I like about the church is not only being surrounded by people manifesting God’s love but also the fact that the church is Bible based. No pleasant messages that tickle the ears, rather God’s word.
Twice a year the group Campers for Christ holds a rally at the Assembly of God church. While my friends and I are not members of the group they welcome us to join in. I've attended two evening sessions in one morning session and there is definitely a movement of the Holy Spirit. Last night the speaker, Nathan Humbird, was young but much anointed by God. Several months before 9/11 he was recorded as having a vision of two tall buildings of pretty much equal height being impacted by jet craft. He told his audience he didn't know what the buildings were but given his description many in the audience immediately recognized the buildings as the World Trade Center buildings. A few months later his vision unfortunately became a reality.
Mr. Humbird’s talk last night certainly wasn’t an ear tickler. He spoke of the coming bad times here in America and that we were going to be going into captivity. We pretty much are a captive nation monetarily and rather quickly descending into Sodom. It wasn't all gloom and doom as part of the night was devoted to healing.
At the end of the session a woman spoke a word of wisdom, one that I agree with. With a sweep by the conservatives in Tuesday’s election, we have been given more time to bring unbelievers into the kingdom.
So what does all of this have to do with the way of agape? God loves us so much that not only does he want us with him but he wants us to bring more into his kingdom.
Tomorrow I will be attending both the morning and evening sessions to hear one of my favorite speakers, Charles Sivley.
Quartzsite, Arizona is interesting In that there are several revivals held here each winter. While there seems to be dark forces here in Quartzsite we have a number of evangelical churches as an offset. Again, in his great love for us God is giving us a wakeup call.

No comments:

Post a Comment