Monday, October 31, 2011

Older eBay Post Asking, "Do you fear death?"

No, not of death, however, I'm hoping to be spared a lingering death. I nearly drowned when I was very young. I was floating along and remember seeing the blue sky through the water covering my face. It was very peaceful until my sister and one of her friends pulled me to the surface. I recall seeing the terrified look on my face as I held onto something. Perhaps for a short time I left my body, I just don't know but death has never frightened me, however, I'm concerned for my family and I feel that God has more for me to do here..

Sunday services at our park chapel is always uplifting, however, this morning perhaps more so. The pastor talked about one of my favorites, 2 Timothy 4; Paul knows he is about to executed by the Romans and is writing to Timothy:
6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment