Friday, April 8, 2016

How I discern God’s will? 537 - 4 - 6

To me discerning God's will is an internalized knowing not so much what is His will, rather knowing what is not.
Romans 5:19, “For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.” We are living in a fallen world and I have inherited a fallen nature. Thankfully God had a solution to the fall. His son and our Savior Jesus is our propitiation.
I've read and quoted the following verses many times and each time I get what could be described as the warm fuzzes. I know there is nothing that I can do to justifying myself before a righteous God; thankfully I'm covered by the blood of Jesus.
Ephesians 2:7-9, “7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
I know that when I am trying to do it myself rather than relying on God I'm acting under my will rather than His. I usually know when I’m acting in God’s will, well, maybe. When I’ve “missed the mark” it’s the Oops feeling I get in my mid-section. Staying in God’s will is getting more difficult in this upside down world. I remind myself that I am in this world but not of it, however, it is easy to get pulled into the drama of this quickly imploding world.
I find that avoiding those out of fellowship with God helps to keep me in God’s will. 2 Thessalonians 3:6, “Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.” I often withdraw almost to the point of being a recluse, again, in the world but not of the world as I work on sanctification.
I work at keeping my mind stayed on Jesus as the perfect role model and ask myself “What Would Jesus Do” if faced with a given situation. I often fall short of the mark and experience that Oops feeling I get in my mid-section.
There is the Word. 2 Timothy 3:16, “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” So here Paul tells us that Scripture speaks to what is right, what is not right, how to get it right and how to stay right

No comments:

Post a Comment