Friday, December 30, 2016

Meditation and Prayer 507 - 1 - 6

The word meditation is found in the Psalms: 5:1, 19:14, 49:3, 104:34, 119:97 and a favorite, 119:99, "I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation."
Meditate is found 14 times throughout the Bible including Joshua 1:8, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, …..."
A few of the references to meditation made by CM includes:
Deuteronomy 32:46, “Set your hearts unto all the words…”
Proverbs 4:26, “Ponder…”
Haggai 1:7, “Consider…”
Luke 9:44, “sink down into your ears….”
To me meditation is a quiet time of reflection as I meditate on all that God has/ is doing. Prayer is more of a conversation. While I don’t hear an audible response, I often feel the presence of the Holy Spirit.
A great woman of God recently passed away, Caryl Matrisciana. Caryl warned of the more modern concept of meditation (revisited Eastern religion) through mantras, drugs, and music.
First a little background from her book, Out of India, “When I was twenty years old, my family returned from India, where I was born and lived for most of my life, to England, our homeland. It was during the turbulent sixties, and I was about to be introduced to a movement that didn’t even have a name yet. How could I have possibly known then that the strange and mystical religion I had been surrounded by in India would someday be at the heart of a spirituality that would influence millions around the world?”
Caryl writes of certain music, “The songs reflect the use of drugs and meditation and belief in Hinduism, UFOs, and astral projection. With the sound of sitars and hypnotic music, I was led to knowledge of the power of the mantra (the repetitious chanting of the names of Hindu deities, vibrations, and other mysterious code words).”
Further into her book, "My hunger for new emotional experiences led me more deeply into the introspection of Yoga and meditation. To my surprise, I began to realize I was experiencing the same thrills in Yoga as I attained on my drug-induced travels into altered states of awareness.
Finally, "From the hands of Jesus the Great Physician, however, is true healing, and the advice of Jesus the Wonderful Counselor surpasses any human technique or psychology."
Caryl adds this warning, "This consciousness, brought about through meditation, leads to certain philosophical and theological conclusions. First of all, it leads to the belief that God is everything, and everything is God. Second, due to the boundary-erasing sensations of this altered state of mind, an individual can reach only one political conclusion— that there is no community but global community.”
Yoga is mainstream and taught even in churches. A tool to be used to further the OWG agenda?
Caryl’s website lives on, caryl.tv/. Caryl has produced several very informative DVDs including her “Wide is the Gate” three volume series; Volume 1, The Emerging New Christianity, Volume 2, The Emerging New Christianity and Volume 3 The Emerging New Christianity.

No comments:

Post a Comment