Thursday, December 15, 2016

What does God require of me? How am I to do it? 525 - 10 - 1

What does God require of me? Micah 6:8, “He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?” A very tall order for a fallen human attempting to be a bondservant of Jesus. First and possibly foremost God requires that I recognize and declare my need for the redeeming grace provided by Jesus. To recognize that I cannot do what God requires of me by relying on myself. Recognition and declaration of this need is expressed in many wonderful praise and worship songs/hymns.
You Are My All In All Lyrics
"Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising again I bless Your name
You are my all in all"
Yes, Jesus is my all in all and without His gift of grace I’m lost.
Jesus I need You Lyrics
"Jesus I need You
Every moment I need You
Hear now this grace bought heart sing out
Your praise forever"
Yes, I will sing out the praises of Jesus eternally.
Lord I need You Lyrics
"Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You"
Again, oh how I need the Lord in this lost and confused world.
Then the promise of Micah 7:19, “He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.”
Here compassion is by implication to love, have compassion upon, love, shew mercy
Subdue can be to conquer, subjugate, bring into bondage, bring into subjection.
Cast is to throw out, down or away.
Depths can be a deep place of water.
When I declare that I’m broken and in need of the redeeming grace of Jesus God will show me compassion and my sins are cast away into a deep place of water; “As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.” Psalm 103:12.
To be a Paul and really internalize Galatians 2:20, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment